In the Fall of 2011 FUND69 approved 13 grants totaling $6,995.55. We are thrilled that we were able to grant nearly $7,000 to the staff of District 69 for projects to enhance the quality of education for the students. This was only possible because of the many people who supported FUND69 by attending our events, donating money and donating items for our raffle or auction.
Below is a list of the grants approved in the Fall of 2011.
- Second Grade Team-Jennifer Connolly was granted $614.23 for Games and materials for Fact Baskets for all 2nd grade rooms
- Debbie Rizki was granted $1600 for Birthday books for Madison students
- Robin Olen was granted $300 for Sheet music, props and costumes for 2nd grade musical
- Katie Carraway, Stephanie Crane & Kristy Morrow were granted $150 for Games for indoor recess in 4th grade rooms
- Jim O'Malley was granted $170 for Non-fiction books for kids to borrow
- Gerry Wattenbarger was granted $395.08 for VersaTiles for 4th grade classroom
- Jim O'Malley was granted $45 for Pump system for classroom turtles
- Heather Jean, Jennifer Preschern, Donna Smith & Michelle Amaro were granted $1098.97 for Greenhouse for Edison School to be built by students in the new life skills classroom
- Tara Wolf & Joe Cullotta were granted $439.85 for four removable basketball rims; 2 at Edison and 2 at Lincoln
Lincoln Junior High
- Michael Wheatley & the Science Department were granted $1339.97 for Electronic Scales and hot plates for 6th grade Science
- Therese Block was granted $322.81 for Materials for solar energy exploration at Lincoln
- Matthew Hunsaker was granted $269.75 for 2 iPods for Lincoln PE classes
- Kate Polgar, Kaitlin Bowker, Janelle Tregoning, Kristi Wheatley & Lisa Buckley were granted $250 for Supplies, games and other materials for Reichert room at Lincoln